About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Wednesday 22 November 2006

I think I must have known when I started this journal, that it would be in "bits".What started out as a pun(did you get it???) has backfired on me as the pun is on me(weak I know:-) I have tried to be regular(in my journalling that is) but before I know it, another week has flown by! So I have decided to keep the name as it turns out to be most appropriate! I initially wanted to contact other teachers to compare but have read so many different journals that I spend more time reading than writing my own!

Thank you to my dearest friend Caroline, for sending a link to my journal!!!I have found the remarks sooo encouraging THANK YOU !!!

We had our prize giving at school today and it was so very rewarding to see the little faces beam when they received their certificates! Our school has 500 pupils and each child receives a certificate.This is really nice, as next year (grade 4 and up) only those with merits (85% overall 8 learning areas or in a specific subject!)will receive certificates.I had a really great surprize this year as my class won ten of the 16 trophies!(None I can take credit for!!!) They were for outstanding courtesy,best Afrikaans speaker,sportmanship,cricket,swimming,tennis and basketball!What a blessing to see the smiles-and best of all-the friends' that were smiling too(no sulks because they didn't win!) This is an area which we as a staff have addressed strongly(as well as "making mistakes" is OKAY!!! That's how we LEARN!!!) That's my own personal hobby horse :-)

Gotta go-reports to finish up-one more week before closing so admin is at max!!!  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend - we all have bits to share and yes, time does fly before we realise.  I love the title of your journal.  I also spend more time reading others' journals than writing my own.  I love that I can read your thoughts like this - it makes me feel closer to you and not so far over the sea!  I luv ya, Carrie

Anonymous said...

The thing to remember about journaling here and being a teacher is balance. As with most things that demand our time, we need to be organized, and we need to prioritize. I would love to write every day, to recall daily events and thoughts, because so many things vie for my attention, want to be taken to a deeper level of thinking, to be analyzed, to be treasured in some way, but I simply don't have the time. I don't even think about journaling until I get home and turn the computer on. ONce I sit down, that's when I have the problem of getting back up again. Like you said, there are so many journals that I want to read, of people with different careers, different lives, on different sides of the ocean... all so interesting to read about their thoughts on the world, about their families, their jobs. I am especially interested in teachers. I'm trying to compile a listing of teachers who journal on the internet. Your prize giving sounds like our awards day. Students are recognized for academic performance, attendance, and good character here. I like to recognize mine for their performance when progress is made, even if they are not A's or B's. Progress from an F to a C for a few kids is worth getting excited about. Keep up with your bits and pieces!! <grin> bea

http://beta.journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comment Bea! Thanks for taking the time-its' really appreciated!

Anonymous said...

hi new to your journal:) i have added you to my alerts so i will be back lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hello, found your journal via your friend, Caroline.  I've added you to my alerts and I will return!--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/

Anonymous said...

bigCongratulations shauneenie!
hugs and cheers all around! Im glad you're so happy!:):)
come by and see me !
hugs, natalie
http://journals.aol.com/Lurkynat/Interface/

Anonymous said...

Hi just stopped by for a visit. Nat told me to come by. Can't wait to read more. I bet you have some good stories to tell. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, journalers and journals vary widely.  Some I get 10 alerts on a day.  Others 3 a month.  Just be you, because you are charming!  Got your link from Nat.  -  Barbara
http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/

Anonymous said...

Nat suggested I visit. Looks like you're off to a great start.
Hope you visit me along, always comment when you visit journals & leave your link so others will know you came by. ;)
Have a  nice week,
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/INHISNAME/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYBELOVEDFURRBABIES/
My other journals, about Africa, Honduras, Philippines, & the Pet Memorial, are on my side bar. Visit when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Nat asked me to call round, and I think I might call round more in the future.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Hi there in S Africa! Nat sent me over; I hope you have time to do another entry soon! When you do please e-mail me so I can read it. Blessings, Sassy PS. I taught Special ED for some years past ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

youare awesome! going great guns! cheers! love,nat