About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Monday 27 November 2006

Yay!

Yay! I was soooo happy to see (Gasp!) 10 whole comments!!! Thank you so much! Natalie-especially,for sending so many along!

When my husband heard me (yes I admit I shrieked out loud:-) He LOL as well and asked me with a smile (do you feel loved now? Hee Hee -that was a dig at me-I am always asking "Do you still love me?" I have given up asking "Does my butt look big in this?" as the deafening silence hurt!

It (my response to your comments)just made me realise that we do look for affirmation from others- I guess that was a big reason I became a teacher. I LOVE being able to boost poor self-images (battled with that myself) and make even my "weak" pupils feel good about themselves. I guess journalling is a bit like that too. I have always loved writing and I suppose this is the closest I ever get to publishing (grin).

For now I am spending more time doing what I also LOVE doing -reading- your journals,that is! SOOO if I don't write as often , you only have yourselves to blame -for writing so well!

PS We don't celebrate Thanksgiving (obviously:-) but I trust you all enjoyed the break! See ya!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your philosophy about teaching.  Teachers like you make a world of difference in the lives of their students.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/

Anonymous said...

TY for coming by & leaving such a nice comment! Please visit all of my journals (6 total) links on side bar. Never feel intimidated, we all had to start somewhere, I've only been journaling 1 year & look how far I've come! Only been on a computer for 1 1/2 yrs!!! I tried to reply to your comment but your mail wouldn't accept it, guess it's how you have your security setting.
Have a good day,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Welcome nat sent me over I only went public myself last week drop by and leave your comments i look forward to reading more

yasmin

Anonymous said...

keep writing J-land is a special place:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

My dear sister - do you see how loved you are!!! I am SO excited for you that your journalling is taking off. It is good to have others affirm what you have written and said. I feel the same. Often. I only get about 3 or 4 comments, but the days that I get more, I feel as though I'm flying.  I can just imagine Shaun's laugh when you shrieked out loud - I wish I was there to share in the excitement! This is going to be a fun ride, my friend. I'm glad we're on the same run together!  I love you, Caroline

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE MORE APPRECIATED THAN YOU THINK,,,HUGS,,,Marie

Anonymous said...

Dear Shauneen,
Youare a delight! and very funny too! lol! thanks for being a magical part of my life!
hugs,natalie