About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Tuesday 12 December 2006

Holiday Happiness

At last ! I am on holiday for 6 glorious weeks!!! I don't know how I would recharge my batteries without this break! I know my friends in America only have a short break at this time and I can't help thinking that you need to change things HEEHEE.I know you also have a long break at the end of your school year, but I would personally not like to have such a short break over Christmas! I LOOOOVE Christmas time, and I really would do just about anything to be in America for Christmas! You guys sure know how to decorate!!! Please put many pics of the houses lit up for Christmas as we don't have that over here!(Well, last year one person,that had been to USA,had done up her house and the cars caused traffic jams during the whole season!!!!)I LOVE to see these!! So pretty! My house looks "very American"-as my son calls it! (I love decorations!!)You guys would be proud!!!

While I really do LOVE Christmas(especially the excitement my boys have over their gifts), I can't help becoming very nostalgic too.Christmas is also a time when I really miss my parents (they are no longer living on earth, but I know they live in His glorious splendour).I am almost 40 and I still long for them-does this ever change??? It is a time I remember my own childhood traditions and long once again for them! Having my own boys to start new traditions with, is wonderful and they are truly gifts from God! My eldest son was born on the 18th of December 14 yrs ago and he was my best Christmas gift I ever received!(I also got married on the 21st of December 16 yrs ago so THAT was a good gift that year as well :-) Maybe we could share with eachother,the best gifts we've ever received?Could make for interesting reading!

Talking of gifts! Don't you agree that the BEST GIFT EVER was JESUS!!!! I really do go overboard with the commercial side of Christmas,BUT, I make sure my boys know and understand whose special day it REALLY is!Without Jesus coming to earth as a humble human, we would not be able to experience His wonderful grace and mercy and FORGIVENESS!I want everyone who reads my journal to please say a prayer of thanks to God for His Son, Jesus.If there are unbelievers who read this, please pray anyway because He WILL hear you ,cos He made you and He LOVES you!HEEHEE

On that happy note, I shall leave you now to go and switch on my MANY many pretty lights!HO HO HO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the need for a long winter break!  I love Christmas decorations.  I like to ride through the neighborhood at night just to see what everyone has put up!  The best gift that I ever received was getting my health back.  I was very ill for several years, to the point that I had to use a portable oxygen tank to get about.  I no longer need the oxygen and I am much healthier.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/

Anonymous said...

Lucky you:) we get 2 weeks i am so needing this! This year has been a tough one:( have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

wow! wwhat an enthusiastic entry! I am thankful; not only for Christ but for his loyal following; the ones who help their neighbors, love children, help the poor in the community,etc.
what a great group!
love,nat