About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Wednesday 13 December 2006

Satisfy us!

Yesterday I was all happy Christmassy,holiday happy etc. Today I'm a little outa sorts. I've been reading another journal and Christmas,for this person,is a time of worry (about money,no gifts etc) and this got me seriously thinking about my own view on Christmas.Have I not also fallen into the trap of the emphasis being on the gifts-yes I KNOW I have as those with children often DO! My heart went out to this lady and I wanted to tell her how much I could relate to what she was saying.

A half hour ago (8pm my time) my hubby,myself and my two boys were in the pool swimming (yes, it's HOT here in South Africa!) and we had a blast! I kept thinking-we might not have money, a lot of gifts etc, BUT we have eachother and I know its' very cliche but it's SO TRUE. We have to remind ourselves about what counts in this short life! I think of a little boy I met online-Diego-who died at the age of 6!I think of an egangelist Paul Young(smallpaul) whose 2 year old died of meningitis a bit before her third birthday.... I could go on and on telling of tradegies that happen daily, so I remind myself to CHOOSE to think on positive things at this "festive" season, which for SO MANY people is NOT a time of joy!

Let's all stop on Christmas morning and think of those whose joy has been robbed.There is a beautiful verse in the Bible-"Satisfy us early with Thy mercy, that we may be happy ALL of our days" This is my prayer for all of us this Christmas! Be blessed!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Dear Shauneen
I am always greatful for having my family and friends1 what a heart felt entry! thank you!love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend - you are so right.  The way we feel in life is a choice. We can choose to feel depressed and down, or choose to be grateful for what we do have.  Yes, life throws us some hard knocks sometimes, but we have to deal with it as best we can.  If we get miserable about every little thing, what a terrible life we will have. We also don't have much for gifts this year, but maybe it's the time to realise how lucky we actually are to have each other other and to have what we do.  I love and miss you stacks - yes, long distance sucks!  Love Carrie