About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Thursday 4 January 2007

Time

I trust you all had a great Christmas and New Year! I have been soooo busy that I have neglected my journal-I think everyone has given up on me!!!

I just find time is against me and before I know it I am turning off my nightlight and waking to my screeching alarm! I have been on vacation, but most of my day has been spent as referee to my sons-they argue ALL DAY and its exhausting!HELP!!!!The rest of the day is spent feeding them and proof-reading a book a friend of mine has written.

I am SOOO fortunate to have a domestic lady who does my cleaning and ironing for me.She has become such a good friend to my children as she is almost like a granny to them.I realise in America most people don't have domestics and when my husband lived/worked in the UK,they frowned upon us having a domestic! They said we were no better than slave owners.I suppose they don't know us or the relationship we have with her,so they can't be blamed I suppose!AND History has alot to do with it!!ANYHEW......

Sadly,Lettie grew up during the apartheid era and has little schooling so all she can do for income is do domestic work ( a plight of many poor people in our country!)I put her photo in as a bit of a tribute to her as without her TIME would be my enemy! She is nearing retirement age soon, so I will appreciate her help for a little while longer-but she will be missed!Doesn't she look smart?She was dressed for church when I took these pics-she is a Christian(very few Xhosa-speaking people are)and leader at her church.

I will have to get a good routine going when she retires! watchout kids!!!!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shauneenie,
hi! Thanks for introducing Lettie! She looks fabulous to me!
May you have an awesome and fruitful New Year! and hugs all around, including Lettie!(ilove your suit Lettie!)
natalie

Anonymous said...

My dearest friend – welcome back!  I’ve missed reading your journal.  I keep on checking it to see whether you’ve written or not but I know how it goes. The days just pan into each other.  I sympathize as my kids are also always at it.  Thanks goodness Zane is too young to know any better.  He just demands attention from us every now and then when he wants something done.  Other than that, he simply sits on the floor and plays with all his toys.  He reminds me so much of Travis – content to play on his own.  Also loves to dress up!  I hope you are having a great rest – you need it!  Wish our break could have been longer – I was off for an extra 2 days as Zane helped me pull a muscle in my back.  Been in agony the last few days!  Never mind -  will heal soon.  I MISS YOU!!! Wish I had pictures of  ‘my’ Jane to post.  Wish I had Jane here!! Neeeeeeed her!  Love you stacks, my friend!  ~  Caroline ~
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/Homeiswheretheheartis

Anonymous said...

What a lovely lady and what a nice idea to publish her picture.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/