About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Sunday 17 June 2007

Carrie's birthday

It's Carolines'  birthday today !!!!!! Happy Birthday my dear friend!!

Caroline is a wonderful, caring friend

and I wanted to share with everyone how much she means to me!

(Just shows you how like-minded we are....THANK YOU Carrie for

your beautiful tribute)

When I think of Carrie, I think of her laughter!

She has the most AWESOME laugh of anyone I know!

That belly laugh has brought so much joy to my life.

Caroline is a true friend.One that comes along once in a life time.

She is an encourager!I have so many little notes and bookmarks she has blessed

me with... all with perfectly chosen Bible verses! We are sisters in Christ!

I have a sister whom I love dearly, but as with siblings there are complications.

Caroline is like a sister without those complications! There is no competition

or emotional baggage you sometimes get amongst siblings.There is just an acceptance

of eachother and it is a wonderful friendship to have!!!

Do I miss her from across the pond? More than I can tell! But, a bond like that is not easily broken and distance cannot and will not change the bond between us!

Friends like Caroline are hard to find. I think the world would be soo much better if we

all just took the time to be kind, caring and thoughtful to eachother....like Carrie

Caroline is a go-getter! I am so very proud of the way she has coped with the move to America.The way she studied, which I know must have been so very difficult with a young family to take care of!! Well done! She has a heart of GOLD- a Jesus heart!! Her hubby and children are her life and her dedication to them is amazing to watch! She is an AWESOME wife and mother! I have learnt many tips from watching her gentle spirit!(Well gentle most of the time LOL...)She'll know what I mean!!!!

What always amazes me is how often we'll be thinking the same things!!!! That still blows my mind!!!! People don't always understand the depth of our friendship.They don't understand that God gives us friends as a gift.Sometimes Carolines' and my hubby would look at us laughing hysterically and look at eachother and shrug their shoulders.They don't get it :-))))LOL

My friend, have a great birthday! You are in my heart always-I thank God

that He blessed me with an earthly angel for a friend!

Love

Neenie


                      Forever Friends

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Shauneen... you two really are a pair. Wish you were here! She is everything you said and more. The love you two share for each other is eternal. Thanks for sharing! bea

Anonymous said...

A friend offers something different from family, doesn't it Shauneen. Happy Birthday Caroline!

Anonymous said...

Have a good week:) and Happy Birthday Caroline:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

My friend - what do you mean I made you cry - you did the same back!  That was a wonderful entry and I feel so blessed to have you as a friend.  It's amazing to read something that someone else has written about ourselves - I don't see myself as all those things you mentioned, and it is wonderful to think that other people do see me like that.  Thank you for sharing and caring. I love you! Carrie
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dear friend Carrie!!!!

Thank you for the translation of my commentor...Now I see that both his and my screen names are very accurate! lol lol lol


XOXXO
Kimberleigh

Anonymous said...

I love you Auntie Shauneen! That was a very special entry that you wrote, and I know it means so much to my mom!
I miss you all very much and thank you for all the comments you've left me.
<3(-love-if you can see the heart!),Shelaine