About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Friday 26 October 2007

Menopause

Know it's been a while, but what better way to keep in touch than to share a laugh with friends!
 
 
Q: How many women with MENOPAUSE does it take to change a light bulb? 

Woman's Answer: One! ONLY ONE!!!! And do you know WHY?  Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don't even know that the bulb is BURNED OUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out. And,! ! once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the #&%!* light bulbs despite the factthat they've been in the SAME CABINET for the past 17 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle of God, actually find them, 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!!  AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE FREAKING LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!!  BECAUSE NO ONE EVER PICKS UP OR CARRIES OUT THE RUBBISH!!!!  IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF RUBBISH THAT ARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE!!    IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS PLACE! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHO CHANGES THE TOILET ROLL!!  

I'm sorry. What was the question?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one, Shauneen. Hope all is going well with the preparations for the big transplantation.

Anonymous said...

My doctor tells me that I'm perimenopausal. I'm still not certain what that means but it gives me a convenient excuse to explain any aberrant behavior on my part. Thanks for the laugh. Hope that all goes well with your big move.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I am there already, my dear, yes I am... right smack in the middle of it, and all that goes with it. It's not as bad as some would make it to be, actually. okay, so it's a little funny. But, I'm the one who seldom changes a light bulb. I just buy them and store them. <grin> bea

Anonymous said...

already been there done that:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, can I ever relate to this!  I am in the throes of Menopause now!  God help Todd.  :-)
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

So funny. I'm not even menopausal yet I can relate to that.  Things just get dropped around the house where  they are used and no-one thinks they have to be picked up! Hee hee.  Miss you!