About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Thursday 21 August 2008

We've moved again

We have been blessed out of our socks once more! We have moved into a house which is bigger, closer to the boys' school AND which costs  less.How awesome is that! We needed to move as our lease ended and a man at church mentioned that he is retiring soon and needs reliable tenants when he moves abroad. That was the answer to our prayers! We feel so blessed!! We are still very much in mourning for leaving family and friends behind.....it truly feels like ALL our loved ones have died because we cant see them and hug them and have cups of tea or invite them for barbeques (braais!)anymore. BUT, we are soo grateful for the internet and skype video calls! It helps (a little!) We have been very busy just settling down but every now and then (I admit, quite often) I find myself tearful and missing my sister and my friends so very much!! We've all done a lot of crying over the phones/emails etc. This is very hard to do BUT we have and we will survive by the grace of God!

Our container of goods arrived from SA the other day and it was like Christmas! The lounge was covered in bubblewrap and there were shouts of excitement from us all..."ooh my toys!" "Yay, my cd's!" "Yiphee...my scrapbooks and photos!!!!"

I have my special scrapbooks that my old school and a very dear friend made for me RIGHT NEXT to my bed and I look at them each night and PRAY A PRAYER OF THANKS FOR MY DEAR LOVED ONES and eventhough we are seperated, NOTHING can truly seperate or break the bonds of love we share!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home!  It's so fun to start fresh!  Beautiful pictures as well, my fave is the blackberries.  Best of luck to you.  Sue

Anonymous said...

The house is beautiful....... you were so lucky to have found that gentleman.... or was he lucky to have found you.

Good Luck in your new house
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home, Shauneen. I'm glad you're settling in well, although the pangs of homesickness will continue for a good while yet. Don't I know it :-)

Groetjes,
Guido

Anonymous said...

Aaaah Neenie!  I am so glad that you are happy. Yes, God has blessed you - but you deserve it. It won't be long before you are completely settled and it feels like home again.  Will phone as soon as I get a chance.

Love you - Carrie

Anonymous said...

Lovely new home!  I'm glad you are settled, and I hope things work out well for you there.  I know it is hard to move aways from family and friends, but at least it's so much easier to stay in touch regularly than it used to be.  Take care, and I hope you have a good weekend.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Yeay!! I'm so happy for you. Your entry reminds me of how Caroline felt when she had moved into her new home during the summer. The garden looks lovely. Have a great year in school! bea

Anonymous said...

wow! I'm so happy for you Shauneenie!
Congratulations on your new home!
love,nat
p.s. please come by and leave a comment and your link at my blog:
http://journals.aol.com/Lurkynat/Interface/