About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Sunday 13 July 2008

MY GARDEN YIELDETH MUCH

I have not posted an entry for such a long time, it feels almost strange. I have so much catching up to do in Jland so I will keep this short and sweet.My garden has blossomed and we have found cherries, pears, blueberries,strawberries, bell peppers, passion fruit to name a few.Thought I would post a few pictures of them before the squirrel or birds get to them!

My husband has found work at last and I am supply teaching for now.It is not something I enjoy as one does not bond with the children and I find it very impersonal...but..it pays the rent.I am still searching for permanent employment, but God has been so kind to me (as usual!) He knows I'm finding it tough so He arranged for a long term (three weeks) position at a lovely school and they have asked me to return in September for maternity cover for a term so I am thrilled.

It is also almost time for our lease to expire so we are looking for accomodation closer to the boys school. Today after church, one of our new friends came and asked us if we had found jobs yet. He was delighted for us and mentioned that he lives in a house across the way from the boys school and that he is retiring to Italy next year.Would we be interested in renting from him? Can you imagine our delight!!! This is the answer to all our rental worries LOL God sure works in mysterious ways!

Throughout this stressful time, I always remind myself of the verse "Be still and know that I am God" It really soothes me knowing I cant really control ANYTHING BUT THAT GOD DOES!He provides even for the birds why wouldnt He provide for us!

Those that know me know I am no gardener so I really do appreciate the fruits of someone elses' labour...I feel undeserving of all this fruit when I did diddly squat LOL.Pretty much reminds me of how we get to reap the benefits of Christ dying for us!We are so undeserving YET HE LOVES US!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend - you have everything you deserve!  God IS faithful and has been with you all the way. Isn't it wonderful to see how He plans things for us in advance and how we simply have to obey in order for everything to be given.  I am so excited for you about the new house.  How wonderful to be close to the boys school.  I love you! Carrie xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Luck is certainly on your side, Shauneen. I'm pleased you're settling in nicely now.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you posting.  I'm so glad your garden is doing well, and I am really glad that things are going well for you.  I hope your husband's job continues to work well for you guys and that you will enjoy your temporary teaching jobs.  The house you're going to rent -- well that really was miraculous, wasn't it?  I hope things continue well with you and your family.
Lori

Anonymous said...

God does work in mysterious ways doesn't he!  So good to see a post from you!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news all round. God certainly works in mysterious ways and just when you needed him

Take care, enjoy the garden
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the garden si doing well! Congrats on both jobs and congrats on your home for the fall! How cool!
love ya, natalie