About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Monday 26 May 2008

Its all good

We are settling in well.The biggest hurdle of the boys starting school is over.Both of them are very happy and have settled in well.The schools have been very supportive and the children have made both boys' feel very welcome.It is very daunting (especially for our 15 year old) to start all over again but he is happy and has made a few friends already.My youngest has a whole bunch of friends ! We are very happy! and relieved!!

This has been a very stressful time, but through all of it God has shown us favour and blessing.We are just so humbled by all the "doors" God has opened for us and the way He has smoothed our paths, given us a church and friends and helped us feel welcome in this new country.We feel very blessed.Despite hardships we "have joy in all circumstances" remembering that earthly troubles are temporary and will pass.

Of course an entry would not be complete without a few pictures.One of our house, our cute squirrel friend who lives in our oak and of the pretty flowers in my garden.

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I follow your journey, my friend, I am reminded of our journey over here to the US and how faithful God was to us - and still is.  It's amazing how He lays your path out ahead of you, especially if you are walking on the path that He has planned for you.  You will see, He will always be there for you no matter how things go. And there will be difficult times - we know. But He is always there to get us through and strengthen our faith,  I love you! Caroline

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are all settling in well and that God has remained faithful in His promises.  Lovely pictures.  We have a squirrel that visits our feeders regularly as well. He's really quite a cheeky little chap!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear that the boys have settled in with their schools and have made friends.

The photos are lovely......... i love poppies and the tulip is such a beautiful colour.

Take care hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

dear Shauneenie,
I'm so happy that you've settled in well!
Let me know how things work out ok?
huggggggggggggggs
natalie