About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Tuesday 13 May 2008

Relocation complete

We have arrived!! After a very long flight we finally landed at Heathrow to a surprisingly hot day! We have settled rather well in just 2 weeks (tomorrow)! We have organised the gas, water, phone, schools, jobs and have furnished a house.YES I AM TIRED LOL sooo very tired.

Sadly my husbands mom passed away this past Saturday and that has put a great strain on us as we are not able to go back so soon for the funeral. Please keep him in your prayers!!

The boys are excited to start school and our youngest starts on \monday. Our eldest has arrived at a bad time as his year group are doing GCSE's so he has a few weeks left! But the youngest is not envious, he just wants to go to school LOL

Thank you for all your well wishes when we left one continent for another.Your kind words were a soothing balm at a very stressful time!

We have found this coun try to be better than we could have imagined.Although we have been here twice before, holidaying and living in a country are two different things! My boys are not used to being able to have electricity ALL the time LOL. NO MORE LOAD SHEDDING! And one boys noticed there are NO burglar bars on any windows!!(I have explained to them that crime is everywhere but clearly it has not reached the proportions of South Africa)

The people are so very friendly and helpful.We are soo happy and the fact that my boys are so relaxed...I feel they are so safe here!

Well, thats all for now...will put in photos tomorrow!

Take care Jland!!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shauneen,
I'm not following journals, but you're one of a few exceptions. Congratulations on completing your move, small wonder you're tired. My deepest sympathies to your husband on his loss. It must have been devastating for him not to be able to attend the funeral.

Veel geluk in Engeland!
Guido

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Welcome to merry ole England! :D

Do get some rest and please tell your husband people are praying for him and his family.

Get some rest, girl!

Your American friend

Anonymous said...

My friend!  At last you are back online.  I am SO excited!!!!!  I have so been where you are now and know what you are going through. It IS very tiring and exhausting, but isn't it wonderful how God has taken you by the hand and let you have this rest before you get back into the swing of school?  He is amazing.  As you know, our prayers are with Shaun and his family. It must be very hard for him.

I loooove you my friend - you are now a smaller ocean away!!! ~  Caro  ~

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for your husband's loss, and the family's... it was indeed bad timing. But I am glad you have arrived, and can't wait until you post pictures of your new home, new yard, new street, new everything! Will keep you all in my prayers. Great to hear from you again.  bea

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your husband's loss.  Will definitely keep him in my prayers.  (((hugs))) Glad to hear that you have arrived safe and sound though and that you are settling in!  There is crime here to be sure, but thankfully it has not reached the epic proportions that it has elsewhere in the world.  It's still a pretty darn good country to live in!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi I just found your blog by reading BEA'S BLOG over at :
http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/

what do you mean when you said  load shareing? that your sons are not use to having that?

ps.. wow your truly from South Africa so that means you guys speak dutch and all that ? very interesting

Take Care,
Christopher

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the UK. Not sure what part you are in. I am in London.

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband's loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Glad to hear that you sound as if you are settling in and the people are friendly

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

say Shauneenie
hugs! glad you've arrived safely!
what brought about your move? hugs
love,nat