About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Friday 13 October 2006

My boys and I

This was taken at the beach about 2 years ago.I really don't like being photographed,but realise that its important for my boys' who one day might be looking for photos with mom.My mom died of cancer when I was 16 and sadly I only have five photos of her and I together! We were very close,but not many people were into photography in my family.I think that is why I am a photo FANATIC!! They capture memories! I LOVE looking at my boys' baby albums and sometimes find myself quite emotional when I think how much they have grown! Where have my babies gone?? My hubby says "LET GO!" but I battle with that!I often feel like I'm trying to be the mother my mom couldn't-when she was dying she often said that she would be missing out on so much of my life. I especially miss her when I look at my children-she would have loved them so!My sister has just become a granny for the first time and I love watching her with her granddaughter!I can't wait to become a granny!(I think I'll have to be patient for a while longer!)

More later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shaun,
hugs! thanks for the great entry! you are beautiful and so are the boys! what a lovely sentiment and what a great family! I ama friend of Caroline's and Bea's!
Shaun please accept my deepet condolences with the loss of your mother. I lost my mther too. Mothers are so wonderful.. I'm sure that your mother was quite proud of you. I am so sorry that she died when youwere so young.
hugs,natalie