About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Tuesday 20 March 2007

His Grace is sufficient

A petition came around through my email last night to send to President Bush to do something about the crime in the country.Just two days ago another petition came through to send to our (South African) president Mr Mbeki. It got me thinking how EVERY country has its problems.How EVERY home has its problems etc etc!! It is so easy to become negative and drawn in to every bad situation. I find that I easily become depressed when I read the newspaper or watch the news on TV. There is just SO much violence out there that it can make one very fearful.

YET-I know why the world is the way it is. We only have to turn to our bible to read the sad sad history of the world.Sometimes I get angry -righteous anger is ok :-) I feel really sad for people stuck in this world that don't believe in a God who can overcome this AND HAS, through His Son. I know that I would not be able to survive this life if it were not for the strength I get when I pray to God.How does one live through all this violence without His help and comfort? I think it was Ray Comfort who said he thinks one needs a lot more faith to believe there isn't a God.I think he was right.I know people who have lost their children and it is amazing to see how God is there and DOES strengthen and comfort them.One couple blame God-hey at least they believe in Him! I know what it feels like to be angry with God.My mom died when I was sixteen and seeing her suffer from cancer, hardened my heart towards God. How could a loving God (the God I always had loved and prayed to from a young age) do this to me? Yet in my anger towards Him I really got to know Him! It turned out amazingly!The more I fought with God the more He did things in my life to draw me closer to Him.I could write a book on the little miracles in my life at that very dark time in my life.Maybe I will :-)

Anyhow, I didn't mean to go on and on so- but I do get excited about God-so forgive me?;-) Hoping this worlds' troubles don't get you down (too much) Take care now !! Love to all my Jland buddies- I LOVE being able to "chat" to you this way!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you zapped me! I'm not sure what that all means... the violence,etc. I hope and pray like you that people become les frustrated..I do think that the fast pace
of life is too hard adn the idea of mom and pop having to get three jobs to get by is too tough
Ilove you
nat

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how God draws us closer during stressful times. I love how He uses those time to let us know how much He loves us and understands what we're going through.  Luvya ~Caroline  ~