About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Saturday 14 April 2007

Love

I've chosen red text today to match the subject.No not the sentimental red love we use on Valentines day.I 've been thinking seriously today about how important love is. Romantic love is wonderful and fulfilling.Being loved by your spouse is of vital(as in LIFE giving) importance.Love for ones children is such an easy love-though raising them is really difficult.You love them no matter what!That love is present from the moment you have held that baby in your arms(or even sometimes when still in your tummy).Love from ones parents mould the person you become.Love from siblings can make your world a safer place -to be just who you are and accepted.

Love is what binds us together isn't it? That reminds me of that song-bind us together in love.I think this Easter, love  has been especially real for me.I often feel burdened by all the violence in our world.I think the hippies of the 60's had the right (sort of!) idea albeit a misguided outlook on love.Love IS the single most important ingredient that keeps us in unity-as a person,as a family, as a nation even as the human race. Is that not why so much is broken and not in unity? Lack of love- REAL love! Walking past a homeless person and feeling that tug in your heart.Watching an injured animal struggle to survive and feeling in your heart a sadness for it.Just looking around one at the beauty in this world and being overwhelmed by it.I know some people only see the EMOTIONAL reactive side of this, but that is part of love.I don't think you can seperate love from emotion.Both are God given.This Easter I looked at the cross in our church and became overwhelmed (without tears!!) by the love of the Cross.My favourite verse is 1 John 4:19 "We love because He first loved us" He IS the source of love-real love. Thus the red text-red for His blood-the symbol of His love for us.


I've been thinking about Jland too.We don't know eachother(mostly) yet we communicate and form bonds.Isn't it rather strange?To connect with people you really are NOT connected to?(except digitally :-) I think we do this because we have a need to love and BE loved.Maybe we have the heart of the Creator who yearns to be in relationship with His creation.In unity,in love.

I encourage you today (and myself :-) to LOVE others-especially the unlovely!Restore broken relationships! Communicate love-real love-to those around you.Just start with the one in front of you.If we each do that we CAN make a difference.Just love the one in front of you today.

LOVE YOU !!! :-)-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest friend - you are so right!!! Love IS what binds us together. I realised that this week whilst away with the family. Spending time together and releasing a part of ourselves that we otherwise keep for work, housework, etc is so important to the family. I know that mine enjoyed spending time with me - not watching me work. I realised that this is how I can show love to them. I love you, my friend, and I miss you more! ~  Carrie ~

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more - distance, nor medium matters. Love is indeed what brings people together. Have a good weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've been feeling rather blue today and your words are just what I needed to pick me up.  I'm so glad that I stopped by today. Wishing you much love!--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind/

Anonymous said...

love you cutie! how are things?
love,natalie