About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Sunday 16 September 2007

Awesome

I took these photos of the suns' rays shining through on a totally overcast day! I am often at awe of nature and this was like God peeping down on us...LOL not very Biblical as He watches over His children ALL the time,but nevertheless, it made me feel closer to Him some how.It also reminded me of how awesome the bright star over Bethlehem must have been like for the wise men.

just starting to peep

It shone like this for about 30 minutes!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the sort of picture I just cannot resist taking, Shauneen

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! i often wonder the same thing when teaching the kids about the christmas story we ask how bright must the star had been. wonderful pictures thank you for sharing

Deb

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for a picture like that.... have yet to see such a view. Where I live, I'm never able to get up and above the surrounding area... not many hills here. But you captured it perfectly! I would have been inspired as you were. bea

Anonymous said...

How beautiful,my friend. Aaaah - kinda makes me a little homesick!!!  Loved talking with you today!  ~  Carrie  ~

Anonymous said...

I love your photographs. When I was a child, my mother told me that when the sun was shining through the clouds like this, it was the Virgin Mary smiling.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.  I think I would have felt the same way if I'd seen this glorious sight!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

What BEAUTIFUL pics!!!  I love your 'star over Bethlehem' take... it's perfect!!

Joann