About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Monday 19 February 2007

Boys

 

Boys

Oh joy to have a boy

To hold and kiss and 

Cuddle

To read to, play with 

Tuck into bed and sing to

 

Oh blessed am I to have two

Boys to love and laugh with

Teach and learn from

Oh what a joy are boys!

 

Smells of paint

And mud and candy

Caps,balls,bats

And lego bricks

 

Time is fleeting

Tears are flowing

Boys soon men will be

 

Always there

A golden thread

A cord that cannot be broken

Love so awesome, Love Divinely

Imparted into my heart

Forever

 

Someone lost a child to death today so I was feeling really blessed by the presence of my boys today(and sad for the mommy that lost hers) This photo was taken in Jan.Chris starting High School and Travis Gr 4.They attend Muir College Boys' School.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad to lose a child:( you have good looking boys:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi friend - what a beautiful tribute to your "men"!!!  I hope it wasn't someone I knew that lost a son!  I always worry being so far from home that things will happen and I won't be there.  Your poem is so precious.  Love you lots! ~  Caroline  ~