About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Tuesday 20 February 2007

Roller coaster

Isn't life a roller coaster ride?? Yesterday I posted an entry about my boys.I love them so much that my heart could burst! Yet,today I'm riding that good ol' roller coaster of parenthood. How shall I put it?

I had a testing day.Not at school though! My little pets at school are doing well! My own little pets at home are another kettle of fish (well, today anyway :-)

I had to nag about washing lying around, homework not done, too much T.V., too much computer game time etc etc. I didn't have a good day. I don't enjoy having to discipline my boys (but it has to be done!).I took a deep breath and remembered the woman who two days ago lost her daughter when the house burnt down(no-one I know personally, but that is beside the point) reminding myself of how privileged I am to have children.

I think being a teacher, can sometimes hamper motherhood.I find I have patience with my class, but not much left over for my own boys.That makes me feel so guilty!

I sometimes find the responsibility of parenthood overwhelming! Tiring is what I actually mean! :-) Do you all relate to that? I know you do and that's why it's good to be able to share with my cyber friends (cos you understand :-)

The roller coaster ride is great but sometimes you have too much and throw up-the towel that is :-) Oh well, it can't be helped! We just have to get back onto the ride and enjoy the highs (which are WONDERFUL) and accept the lows (which are bearable!)

Well, I'm getting off the ride for now-enough ups and downs today.
Take care !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there it will get better :) when who knows mine are 22 and 20 still  driving me mad lol have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

oh yea the roller coaster. Up and down everyday over here. LOL. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.

Anonymous said...

Dear Shauneen,
Oh boy, and how!
Hang in there becasue it does get more and more interesting!
But not less stressful I'm afraid...hugs
nat

Anonymous said...

My dear friend - how well I know those highs and lows.  I feel so privileged to have shared some of those with you, and am proud to say that you have handled the lows the best way a mother can!  You continue to love, unconditionally! Yes, the highs are great and the lows can be really low, but it's all worth it in the end! We ARE blessed with our children - no matter what!  I love you!  ~ Carrie  ~