About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Sunday 1 July 2007

Offensive?

I know this photo might offend some of you but I thought I'd share a bit of Africa with you. These men had bumped over and killed a cow and ,as in our country most of the population is starving , this is not really surprising to see.The green stuff is the cud removed from the intestines.It did upset my younger son when we drove by though (my elder son took the pic from his cell phone)Not a sight you see everyday, but a sight that is a reality check to those of us who can easily buy the food we need!I used the opportunity to educate my children!! They often pull up their noses at the meals I prepare for them!(sad that our country, like so many others, have the two extremes)

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desperate, good god above, Shauneen (trying not to throw up).

Anonymous said...

what a good lesson for kids to see:) enjoy your week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we don't see this kind of thing, but I understand why those men would want to take the meat. It was a good (though sickening) teaching moment. do you suppose your boys will turn vegetarian? bea

Anonymous said...

dear Shauneenie
Gosh how shocking! I am so sorry! my son wants to visit Africa for his studies in high school..any suggestions on where to go
love,nat