About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Photos are memories

Since its easy for me to post pics now(could never before!!!) I thought I'd talk about my OBSESSION with photos! I think when I got my first camera at age 10, I was hooked for life! It always amazed me that a moment or memory could be frozen in time for ages! I never knew my grandparents on either side, as I was by far the youngest in my whole family, and when I looked at photos of them I somehow felt "connected" to them.Below is a picture of my baptism.My grandpa(Oupa)died a few months later.That is my brother (19) and my sister (8)!!!!In South Africa we call that a "laatlammetjie" translated as late lamb!!

 

 

 

When my Mom died when I was sixteen, the photos I have of her became my absolute treasure.I wish I had a video of her to be able to hear her voice one more time. Since my children never met her, having photos of her to show them means  so much to me and they ask me to tell them about her when we look at the photos.Since my Dad has also died(five years ago) my boys also remember him when they look at his photos.

So as you can see photos mean so much to me... and of course I LOVE scrapbooking!!!!!!!!!(Thanks Caroline for introducing me )

Click away...capture memories and remember!!!!

Take care

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many years between you and your brother... what a handsome lad he is. Yes, photos are a treasure for me too.... I always thought that if our house were to burn down, I would grab as many photos as I could before I fled the house. But a greater insurance to protect one's photos is to send copies of them to relatives and friends. If you ever lose all of your photos (as in a house fire), I'm sure they wouldn't mind returning them to you to replace the ones you lost. That's the plan I had... so I don't worry too much about photos anymore.  Thanks for sharing your treasure! bea

Anonymous said...

Why else do you think I'm snapping away the way I do, Shauneenie.
Quite an age gap across your family!