About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my soul mate and best friend, mother of two awesome sons and teacher of children with special needs.I am a South African permanently living in the UK

Monday 28 May 2007

We shall remember them

As it is Memorial Day in USA I thought I'd include photos of my own hero.My Dad was captured during WW2 and I thought I'd put in these photos of him , one taken in the desert in Egypt, the other in a studio in Italy.His name was Harry Fincham Fred Reed born 11 July 1920 and died 26 May 2002. He lived a long and happy life and I will always remember the stories of War he told.I miss him so very much.I was fortunate that he came home safely, married my Mom and had a happy life. I dedicate this page to all heroes of war....

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely tribute, Shauneen. You've done your dad proud.

Anonymous said...

I never knew your dad had been captured during WW2, Neenie. He was a wonderful man and I was honored to know him!  A lovely tribute!  Luvya, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an awesome hero! thanks Shauneenie!
love,nat
ps I'll write you more